The African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) focuses on bringing together African leaders, policy
makers, development specialists, scientists, and representatives of agribusinesses and farmers’
organizations to discuss feeding Africa through the potential wealth of its own agricultural land.
The discussions are mainly centered on promoting investments, public – private opportunities and
policy support for driving agricultural productivity and income growth for African farmers in an
environmentally sustainable way. This years’ forum will be held on the 4-8 September 2017, in
Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
AGRF is expecting 750 attendees at the conference.
(Indicate bid number AGRF2017/Website Management on email subject)
The AGRF secretariat, located at the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), invites
proposals from suitably qualified consultants and/or companies to undertake the task of IT and
Website Management for the year 2017. The consultant/company is required to take responsibility for
the process of revamping and updating the AGRF and Africa Food Prize (AFP) websites and all other
IT requirements for AGRF and AFP in accordance with the scope of work stipulated below.
This consultancy is aimed at managing the technical backend of the AGRF and Africa Food Prize
websites and all other IT requirements for AGRF and AFP that is suitable for real-time
dissemination of information and maintenance. The website and all systems should provide up-to-date
information on AGRF and AFP activities, partners, results, success stories and other relevant
Scope of Work
The consultant/company is required, at the minimum, to do the following:
• Assess the current AGRF and AFP website structure and contents for ease of accessibility, quality
of content, user-friendliness, ease of maintenance/update, information retrieval, intuitiveness,
relevance of capabilities, general design, etc.
• Assess AGRF and AFP websites for redesign, applying the advantages of layout design, navigation,
usability & etc. to the redesign & implementation.
• Make proposal for redesign, if deemed necessary, of the website based on corporate guidelines for
AGRF and AFP requirements with minimal user disruptions/downtime.
• Manage and maintain the AFP website and all its components including the online nomination
process, and promptly providing required reports to the AFP secretariat.
• Provide necessary and relevant linkages to AFP and AGRF partner activities on the respective
• Participate in identification of sound and audio visual technical requirements for the AGRF
2017 in Cote d’Ivoire during the launch and the forum.
• Gather and present informative content for optimal web presence (text, file attachments,
audio/video, key speeches, archives, etc.) in collaboration with the AGRF and AFP secretariats.
• Update content on a regular basis and/or as will be required by the Secretariat.
• Manage and provide regular support for the AGRF and AFP online registration, webinar system, CRM,
event app, social media (hotel bookings, registration queries, exhibition queries, etc.) as well as
any other technical support that may be required by AGRF and AFP registrants using the forum
• Monitor website traffic and provide periodic reports on website reach, as agreed with the
• Manage and maintain the embedded Social Media tools/platforms on the AGRF website for interactive
social media presence i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn etc.
• Arrange, facilitate and coordinate webinars as requested by the Secretariat and upload these on
the AGRF and AFP websites.
• Offer training to the AGRF and AFP secretariat staff on social media use and online media
monitoring and any other training that maybe required.
• Monitor the websites for any cybercrime activity and take necessary corrective action.
• Maintain and manage the AGRF and AFP delegates mailing database system, using Mail Chimp and/or
any other appropriate system.
• Create and distribute regular e-shots/e-mails as necessary or as shall be directed by the Secretariat.
The consultant/company shall be required to demonstrate how they will deliver on the following
1. An assessment report of the current AGRF and AFP websites.
2. An assessment report of the current Content Management System (CMS) and any case for change of
CMS for the efficient management of the AGRF and AFP websites.
3. Training plan for the relevant staff in social media use and engagement, tracking and online
4. A detailed plan on how to communicate with the AGRF and AFP stakeholders for optimal reach.
5. Proposed action plan for the project execution with clear timelines and milestones, including
end of assignment reporting.
6. Proposed plan on how to manage and support the Webinar software, registration software, Database
CRM system, event app, social media platform management and any other IT requirements for AGRF and
the Africa Food Prize
7. Proposed social media engagement plan.
8. Reporting plan detailing the delivery of each milestone stipulated in the plan.
9. Plan for the safeguard and storage of all the website resources and digital assets of the AGRF
and AFP including but not limited to photos, videos, and multimedia content, amongst others.
Interested and qualified consultants/companies are invited to submit their proposal(s) comprising
the following: –
• An understanding of the consultancy requirement
• Methodology and work-plan for performing the assignment
• Project delivery plan
• Team composition and tasks assignment (CVs highlighting experience and qualifications of staff)
• Detailed reference list indicating the scope and magnitude of similar assignments and relevant
services undertaken in the past three (3) years
• Background and profile of the firm and experience in similar assignments done within the last
three years including three current references with contact details
• Registration and other relevant statutory documents.
The proposal for this contract will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
• Thoroughness in complying with all of the elements laid out in the scope of work, deliverables,
adherence to proposal submission guidelines
• Years of experience and familiarity in delivering similar type of work
• Past performance
• Detailed work plan
• Quality of technical proposal
• Project management plan for the delivery of the assignment
Proposal Submission Process
Proposals should be submitted in English. Demonstration of knowledge of French is highly
Bidders must provide the following:
• Certified copies of the certificate of Incorporation, a valid tax compliance certificate, PIN and
• Detailed task based cost breakdown in USD (US Dollars) for undertaking the assignment.
Deadline for submission of proposals: 28th February 2017
Any subcontracting arrangements should be clearly stated. AGRA will not assume responsibility for
Proposal questions and/or clarifications may be submitted to Gkibunja@agra.org before the 21st
February 2017 1700Hrs.
Supplier should send their proposals via email to: email@example.com or by post to:
Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa
West End Towers, 4th Floor, Waiyaki Way
P. O. Box 66773 – 00800
AGRA reserves the right at any time in the process to terminate this request without entering into
a contract and to accept or reject any or all applications and is not bound to give reasons for its
decision. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic