The AGRF Summit 2020
The AGRF is considered the world’s premier forum for African agriculture, bringing together stakeholders in the agricultural landscape to take practical actions and share lessons that will move African agriculture forward.
The specific outcomes expected from the AGRF Summit 2020 include:
- New business deals and commitments
- Political and Policy Leadership from African governments
- Political and financial support from development partners and private sector
ACHIEVING NEW BUSINESS DEALS AND COMMITMENTS THROUGH THE AGRIBUSINESS DEAL ROOM
To achieve the “new business deals and commitments” outcome, the AGRF Partners Group are promoting an AGRF Summit 2020 “Deal Room” among investors, preparing entrepreneurs and governments for the event, facilitating connections between investors, entrepreneurs and governments during the AGRF and helping ensure that transactions emerge from these interactions. The Agribusiness Deal Room will provide companies in the agriculture and agribusiness sectors with access to finance, mentorship, and market entry solutions to support their growth objectives. It will achieve these through a combination of project preparation, pipeline development, project bankability, investment promotion, and enabling policy environment.
The Agribusiness Deal Room aspires to be the prime platform to drive deal origination and access to finance for a pool of critical agribusiness and SMEs in the coming years. It also creates opportunities for governments to present investment opportunities, promote investment incentives and engage with interested investors.
The Deal Room will facilitate substantive dialogue and connections among the four key stakeholders: Enterprises, Investors, Governments, AGRF Partners.
This will be achieved through eight underlying components that will be implemented in collaboration with these stakeholders. The components include:
- SME Matchmaking: Meetings between SMEs and investors seeking a wide range of capital needs (from US$100k to US$50m).
- Country Presentations: Opportunities for governments to generate investor interest and engage with key stakeholders.
- Sourcing in Africa: Platform for enterprises and farmer organizations to connect with anchor buyers and traders.
- Knowledge Program: Expert presentations and panels, knowledge sharing sessions and pitches.
- Enabling Environment and Investment Dialogues: public-private problem-solving sessions to address bottlenecks for selected deals.
- Platform of Partners: AGRF and technical partners supporting design and delivery of the the Deal Room.
- Virtual Platform: A year round tool enabling stakeholders exchange contacts and identify common interests.
- Post-AGRF Portfolio Management: A mechanism that will follow up on transactions post-AGRF and potentially offer transaction advisory services.
How to engage
The Agribusiness Deal room is one of ten thematic platforms of the AGRF. The partners platform is co-chaired by AGRA, USAID and IFAD.
The Partners Management Support for the Agribusiness Deal Room is managed by AGRA on behalf of two dozen partners, all bringing complementary capabilities, resources, and networks to the Summit and year-round platform.
If you want to become a strategic partner of the Agribusiness Deal room, please email email@example.com and ask for further information.
If you are an entrepreneur looking for investors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the submission template.
If you are a government institution, the Agribusiness Deal Room is designed to help you attract new investors and engage with key stakeholders on your country’s investment climate. For further information please email our head of partnerships Jennifer Baarn on email@example.com.
If you are an investor, a financial institution or developement organisation please email Dealroom@agra.org to receive further information.