About the Agribusiness Deal Room
The evidence is clearer than ever – we need to transform our food systems, and we need to do it now.
2021 is a critical year for recovery and food system transformation. This year’s AGRF Summit will explore the pathways and actions needed to accelerate this process and steer the continent towards food systems that:
- deliver sufficient and nutritious food
- do not impact the environment negatively
- create sustainable, dignified jobs, and shared prosperity for Africa
The AGRF 2021 Summit is a defining moment in highlighting and unlocking the political, policy, and financial commitments and innovations the continent has made and that it continues to work towards achieving. It is about advancing the commitments made at the Malabo Heads of State Summit and working hard to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
Food is the critical link required to tackle some of the world’s major crises, including hunger, poverty, and climate change. We must act quickly…
The AGRF Summit will provide a platform from governments and communities; including youth, women, civil society, and other stakeholders around the world to discuss their food systems and identify ways to strengthen them. It’s our opportunity to achieve global impact, guided by insight and evidence from local leaders and innovators.
AGRF Summit 2021 Action Tracks
The AGRF 2021 programme seeks to showcase solutions and elevate pathways to food systems transformation and recovery under four action tracks:
Leveraging trade and competitiveness for continental economic recovery
Central to delivering on the first action track is the Agri-investment and SME finance thematic platform at the AGRF and hosted by the AGRIBUSINESS DEAL ROOM.
Achieving new business deals and commitments through the Agribusiness Deal Room
To achieve the “new business deals and commitments” outcome, the AGRF Partners Group are promoting an AGRF Summit 2021 “Deal Room” among investors, preparing entrepreneurs and governments for the event, facilitating connections between investors, entrepreneurs and governments during the AGRF and helping ensure that transactions emerge from these interactions.
The Agribusiness Deal Room will provide companies in the agriculture and agribusiness sectors with access to finance, mentorship, and market entry solutions to support their growth objectives. It will achieve these through a combination of project preparation, pipeline development, project bankability, investment promotion, and enabling policy environment. The Agribusiness Deal Room aspires to be the prime platform to drive deal origination and access to finance for a pool of critical agribusiness and SMEs in the coming years. It also creates opportunities for governments to present investment opportunities, promote investment incentives and engage with interested investors.
The Deal Room will facilitate substantive dialogue and connections among the four key stakeholders: Enterprises, Investors, Government, AGRF Partners.
The Agribusiness Deal Room delivers through four strategic objectives:
- Investment mobilization – Bridging the US$100 billion financing gap in African agriculture through mobilizing a wide range of investment facilities and linking them to high potential SMEs and governments flagship programs.
- Sourcing in Africa – Expanding African markets and strengthening of agricultural supply chains through inclusive partnerships and platforms.
- Enabling environment – Promoting an investment enabling environment through research, advocacy and policy recommendations.
- Ecosystem coordination – Driving a concerted and coherent effort towards allocation of institutional resources through a platform of ecosystem partners.
What to expect at the Deal Room:
- SME Matchmaking: Meetings between SMEs and investors seeking a wide range of capital needs (from US$500k to US$50m).
- Country Presentations: Presentation of investment and partnership opportunities by governments.
- Sourcing in Africa: Platform for enterprises and farmer organizations to connect with anchor buyers and traders.
- Knowledge Program: Expert presentations and panels, knowledge sharing sessions and pitches.
- Enabling Environment and Investment Dialogues: public-private problem-solving sessions to address bottlenecks for selected deals.
- Coalition of the willing: Networking with partners across the continent’s agriculture landscape.
Outcome of the Deal Room at the AGRF Summit 2019:
Outcome of the Deal Room at the AGRF Summit 2020:
The 2020 Agribusiness Deal Room presented the largest convening in its three-year history, attracting more than 3,600 delegates from 91 countries around the world. Participants represented more than 700 SMEs, 31 governments and over 312 capital providers. Capital providers included institutional investors, impact investors, venture funds, development finance institutions and conventional financial institutions. The Dealroom also saw a strong representation of anchor buyers and business developmental parters seeking trade deals and service agreements with SMEs.
Registration to the Agribusiness Deal Room is free. If you are interested in investment, investment opportunities and partnerships, please register here. For any questions / clarifications about the platform, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agribusiness Dealroom Secretariat – To reach out to us contact Mumbi Maina at the AGRA Agribusiness Dealroom Secretariat – email@example.com.